Monday, June 22, 2009

Reading is PHUN!

I have now read 5 short chapters of both the original Pride and Prejudice and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Definitely prefer the funny zombie book. The two are way more similar than I expected. I have a lot more reading to do before next Monday... How does this even work? Whatever. I'll just sit back and have a dollar PBR while everyone else discusses.

Some of my favorite comparisons:
Original: It is a truth universally acknowledged that a man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
Zombie: It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains.

Original: NA
Zombie: "They shall be as deadly as they are fetching" - Mrs. Bennet about her daughters (this line was added between two original paragraphs)

Original: "That is very true," replied Elizabeth, "and I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine."
Zombie: "That is very true," replied Elizabeth, "and I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine. I dare say I would've cut his throat had not the unmentionables prevented me from doing so."

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha- good post, my dear. I'm just about to start reading it (not a slacker... since I can't actually be present for the meeting, mind you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just proud that you will be drinking PBR at our meeting. Makes me heart swell.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers